Monday, April 4, 2011

Meatless Monday.

Last night's dinner was simple, delicious and meat-free, so of course I had to share in case you're still looking for some Meatless Monday ideas.

Last week, I downloaded an awesome Real Simple recipe app for planning meals based on ingredients and time. It came in handy last night, seeing as it had been the ultimate Lazy Sunday with no real desire to cook in sight. Still, I thought it wouldn't hurt to look for some inspiration and a few taps later, I came across Fettuccine with Artichokes and Beans.



My modifications: significantly less oil (less than 1 tbsp for cooking the garlic and about the same for tossing with the pasta at the end), added crushed red pepper flakes, used about 1 tbsp Italian-style breadcrumbs (instead of making my own) and used 9 oz. of Ronzoni Smart Taste spaghetti. Also added my preferred amounts of salt, oregano and black pepper.

I was glad we decided to pick up some canned artichoke hearts at the store the other night! This meal really was a breeze to make and so delicious. Goes great with a little grated parmesan cheese sprinkled on top!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks really good. I've been curious as to incorporating beans into pasta dishes and may have to give this a go. I need to stock on some artichokes and sun dried tomatoes, they are must haves in my pantry.

Mari said...

this looks like a really hearty dish...and yummy =)

sidenote: I love he Marilyn picture!