Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Supreme 90 Day: Week Four

Just a quick check-in regarding my progress with Supreme 90 Day... I'm into week 4 and almost done with month one! Time does indeed fly when you're having fun... And sweating. And burning out your muscles. And cursing at a stability ball.

So what kind of progress have I seen, exactly? Well, I'm down almost a whole dress size! Unfortunately, I'm one of those people who doesn't take formal measurements (gasp!) so I can't post a pretty number for you all, but I'm back to fitting in clothes that haven't seen the outside world in about a year.

In terms of weight, I've only lost about two pounds. And I can tell ya right now that it's all due to my sub-par eating habits. I haven't been eating and drinking like a maniac, but I have been indulging more than I should, so on the plus side, Supreme 90 Day has at least kept me from gaining. Losing the extra inches has been great, but I know I can do better by making better choices and exercising more discipline. I still won't commit 100% to the Tosca Reno meal plan that came with the DVD, but I will definitely refer to it for new ideas. Trying new foods and recipes always boosts my efforts and gives my motivation more endurance.

Notable improvements: Upper body and core, for sure. My push-ups still need work, but I'm a lot better off than I was prior to starting the program. After noticing a difference in less than a month, I'm stoked to see my final results at day 90.

New discs since last update: Total Body and Core Dynamics. Total Body reminded me a bit of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30; a steady-paced circuit workout with compound exercises that activate all major muscle groups in a short amount of time. I'm also digging Core Dynamics as a nice change from Ultimate Ball; this disc incorporates dumbbells and bodyweight exercises to work your abs and back, which I found to be a nice break from rolling around on the floor with the ball, feeling like a hamster.

Adjustments: I've been following the program *almost* to a T... I did switch around one of my rest days and on core days (Ultimate Ball or Core Dynamics), I've been adding a cardio session at the gym. I still like to get out of the house every once in a while for some hot cardio machine action and these particular discs are short enough that I can do both.

So far, so good! I'm surprisingly not bored yet and very much looking forward to months two and three. It's been nice not having to figure out what workout to do each day! Just need to clean up my eating a bit and I should be at my ideal weight and body composition. Remember, kids: Weight-loss is 80% diet and 20% fitness; you CAN eat your way through ANY workout.

2 comments:

Janine said...

Hi! I'm a new follower of your blog, and just started S90 myself! I'm a long time JM fan, but have found that my body has gotten used to her workouts over time - S90 is helping me to switch it up! Keep up the great work!

Tamara said...

Thanks, Janine! Always great to hear from JM fans looking for a new challenge :) Thanks for reading and good luck with your own S90 Day journey!