Friday, July 23, 2010

Not so hot, hot, hot.

Yesterday, I tried a new recipe: Ancho Honey Chocolate Chip Bran Muffins.



These tasted great and have a really unique flavor because of the ancho chiles, but I must admit, I was a little disappointed because they were not spicy at all. While I was boiling/chopping the chiles, they gave off a strong aroma, so I assumed there would be some heat, but not so much. I'd like to try this recipe again, but maybe add some cayenne? I dunno. I love the combination of sweet and spice and was hoping to get that from these muffins. Oh well. They'll still get eaten, though it will be a challenge; I ended up with 24 muffins PLUS a 9x9 pan that yielded 9 squares. Buh! Yes, I'm complaining about having too many chocolate chip muffins. Kinda like Don Knotts and the ostriches:



That's all of the excitement for today. Glad it's Friday, but I can already tell the day is gonna drag. Ah well. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

No comments: