Thursday, May 6, 2010

Now that's amore.

Caught Doug's cold. Fail. It started to hit me last night at quiz. Woke up this morning feeling like crap and skipped my workout. Kinda bummed. I was planning a 3 mile run to round me out to 20 miles for the week, but I felt like some extra rest would be the better choice.

I don't feel terrible... I made it to work, but I still feel out of it. Congested. Sore throat. Headache. I may/may not leave early for some hot nap action. We'll see.

Anywho, before the germs set in last night, I was feeling pretty good. I ran two miles after work to sort of "re-do" the crappy 2 mile walk/jog session that I did earlier in the morning. Tuesday night, my mom took me out to dinner. Margaritas were had and waaaay too many chips were consumed, along with salsa, queso and a big ol' pork burrito, which I totally inhaled. Came home and had wine and an array of sweets, thus having a crappy night's sleep. Lack of sleep + dehydration + bloat made for the worst morning run attempt ever. But I redeemed myself later in the day and it felt great.

After the run and a shower, I headed to the kitchen. I munched on a hummus salad while I waited for my latest creation to bake in the oven:



Salmon pizza. (The salmon slices are hidden under the tomatoes.) I've been trying to use up the last of the smoked salmon I got for my lox adventure and this. was. the shiiiiz!

Took a tortilla wrap and topped it with: mozzarella, green chile, red onion, smoked salmon and tomatoes.



Yes, the green chile was the odd man out, but it really did add a great touch (I'm biased. So what?).

I was so pleased with how it turned out that I made it again for breakfast this morning! Also looking forward to my banana/PB overnight oats and Greek yogurt for lunch. Brought some grapes, carrots, bell pepper and hummus to munch on in between.

I hate to miss Zumba again since I skipped it last week, but I'll just go with the flow and see how I'm feeling. I've got an awards dinner tomorrow night and a weekend away in the San Luis Valley, so I need to nip this cold in the bud!

2 comments:

Meredith @ Sweat Every Day said...

YUMMMMMM I want pizza now

Tamara said...

@Meredith @ Sweat Every Day

Yep, salmon is officially my new favorite pizza topping now!