Friday, August 21, 2009

Some sprucing up.

"I don't love broccoli, and I don't love the treadmill, but I love the way I feel when I'm healthy and strong. It empowers me in all facets of my life. So remember, that although something may not be fun in the moment, remind yourself of the ultimate reward, and allow that to motivate you through the tough times."

-Jillian Michaels


Felt good to read that this afternoon. I'm pretty much over my gain from this morning and have moved on, as usual. Dwelling on that sort of thing never gets me anywhere, so I always feel better getting over it and just focusing on my next steps. I'm going to stay committed to the Wendie Plan this week, keep up with my workouts and just hope for the best at next week's weigh-in. Beating myself up and making myself crazy trying to figure out every possible detail of my routine and how it will (or won't) change the number on the scale is NOT a good way to start the weekend. It just stresses me out. I need to lay off what the scale says and just remind myself of how much better I feel these days, physically.

I'm also 95% sure that I'm gonna go for a morning run tomorrow, instead of doing a DVD. I might as well run outside as much as I can while it's still warm because I know my motivation will shift as the weather gets cooler. Even though I hate working out, I still manage to get the running bug from time to time. It's just therapeutic for me some days; being outside, rocking out to my iPod and just not thinking about anything in particular.

No comments: