Saturday, August 29, 2009

Weekend!

So lunch at the retreat yesterday was fine. The main course was beef or chicken enchilada casserole, loaded with cheese and god knows what else, but luckily there was also salad and steamed mixed veggies, so I loaded up on those instead. Granted, I was starving by the time I got home since it was all veggies and no real protein, but no complaints otherwise.

FOOD:
breakfast:
oatmeal w/ peaches & protein powder- 3

lunch:
english muffin- 1
turkey- 1
cheese slice- 1
s.f. smuckers- 0

snack:
grapes- 1
carrot sticks- 0
PB2- 1
popcorn- 1
string cheese- 1

dinner:
chicken breast- 3
potato- 2
light butter/sour cream- 2
zucchini w/ olive oil- 1

post-dinner:
fudge bar- 1
s.f. pudding w/ light syrup- 2
kashi bar- 2
chips- 1
salsa- 0

total points used: 24/23
activity points: 48 min. run- 6
net points: 23
WAPs: 35/35 remaining

I went over my points a bit last night with treats, but had just enough activity points to cover it all. My goal this week is to not dip into my allowance points, but that said, I'll probably be more willing to eat some activity points here and there. I need to work on finding a good balance in regards to how many APs I earn throughout the week and how many of them I'll actually eat. I'm always afraid of eating too many or too little, so it's something I'm gonna try playing around with the next few weeks. I get the feeling that most weeks, I'm working my body too hard and not giving it quite enough fuel because I'm paranoid of gaining (which ends up happening anyway if my body goes into starvation mode). So key theme for this week is balance.

EXERCISE:

It was hard getting going this morning, but I finally left the house around 9 am to go for a run. Tomorrow I'm thinking of trying another P90X workout and then Monday I'll do Biggest Loser Boot Camp to work on more strength training. The muscles in my arms are still sore from when I did it on Wednesday, so that just goes to show that if I keep up with it more often, my arms will finally start toning up!



I had some time to reflect on my weigh-in yesterday and talked some sense into myself. I just need to let go of what the scale says for a while and focus on toning these last few areas that I'm still not happy with. It's very easy for me to get obsessed with numbers and when they stop going in the direction I want, I let it get to me and am usually in a pissy mood the rest of the week. I'm tired of having a bad attitude, especially when I just bring it upon myself. I'm sure if I just focus on keeping up with a variety of workouts and feel good about my progress, the scale will catch up with me eventually.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that losing as much as I have already should be a happy thing; this whole process, as hard as it is some days, should be an overall uplifting experience. There's no reason I should be making myself miserable while getting healthy and living a better lifestyle. It just dawned on me this morning as I was making breakfast that I've already added years to my life and have significantly reduced my risk for soooo many diseases- not every person can say that. I'm rambling now, I know, but I guess morning runs just make me a little more optimistic than usual, heh.

No comments: