Monday, February 22, 2010

Chickpeas and Chips.

Stopped by Great Harvest Bread Company and King Soopers on the way home today to pick up thingies. By the time I got home, I was quite hungry, so I started with dessert:



Chickpea Blondie. I made my lame dieted version though, so I'm sure they don't taste anywhere near as good as the original. Ah well. Sweet, chewy and kinda fruity, so I'm happy.

I have been dreaming of the Honey Whole Wheat bread from Great Harvest for MONTHS, so I finally broke down and picked up a loaf (along with a loaf of their Cinnamon Chip):





(I actually ended up putting one of the slices back; I just got caught up in the moment and thought I could put away two slices at once, but not today.)

I served the bread toasted, alongside some leftover lentil soup:



I also picked up some kale while I was at the store so I could jump on the kale chip bandwagon.





They turned out crispy all right, but I got waaaay too heavy-handed with the kosher salt. They were so salty that I ended up mixing them with my lentil soup, which needed a bit of a flavor boost anyway. Not sure what I'll do with the other half... I'll either toss them or try to find something bland that I can mix them with. Salt or no salt though, I don't think I'll go out of my way to make them again.

That's all for tonight. I'm quite full and am just waiting for the new episode of Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives. Glad Monday's out of the way.

No comments: