Saturday, February 20, 2010

Soreness and Spaghetti.

Oh. My. God. I am so incredibly SORE this morning! The majority of the Amazon reviews for Jackie Warner's Power Circuit Training DVD warned of pretty rough soreness the next day, but apparently I thought I was indestructible because I didn't think it would happen to me. Well, here I am, feeling a bit beat the fuck up, especially from the waist up. The good news? I can hold off on getting those 8 lbs. dumbbells I was going on about. If my arms are this wrecked after just using the 5 lbs. set, I think I'm good for a while, heh.

Another positive? The DVD is indeed effective and will only bring on better results with increased use. No buyer's remorse here!

That said, I'm starting off slow this morning and catching up on blog stuff before I run. Which will be a short one, btw. I'm aiming for 3 miles and that's about it. I wanna move around enough to help ease my current soreness, but I don't want to overdo it to the point where I make it worse. Using the treadmill at home today too, as to avoid the slick roads on the way to the gym. Anywho. Moving on!

Last night's dinner:

Doug was cool with my pasta & vodka sauce idea, so he measured out pasta and chopped some veggies (mushrooms, zucchini and onions) while we waited for the water to boil and I got started on the ground turkey.









And the final (rad!) results:



So good and all comfort food-y. Added a little bit of grated parmesan and we were good to go.

Dessert (not pictured) was half of a Santa Fe tortilla with a small mashed banana and cinnamon (an idea I got here yesterday afternoon) and 1/2 cup of Maggie Moo's Better Batter ice cream. A relaxing, cozy night at home, spent watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Sarah Silverman Show, The Best Thing I Ever Ate and eating a big mess of pasta. Love.

That's all for now. I guess I should probably get that run out of the way so I can reward myself with a big bowl of oats. My bananas are ripe today, so the possibilities of mix-ins are endless. I'm torn between going the berry route, the pumpkin route, the cinnamon-apple route or the chocolate route. Hmm...

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!

No comments: