Friday, February 19, 2010

For breakfast this morning, I decided to add some cocoa powder to my oats:





Had to use my camera phone for these, so they're worse than usual. Also in the mix: vanilla extract, 2 tbsp. reduced-fat coconut, 1 tbsp. PB2, splenda and a splash of light vanilla soymilk.

Not bad! I'm patiently waiting for my bananas to ripen though, so I can have some hot chocolate-banana-PB2 oats action. Mmm.

Morning Snack:



1/2 cup 0% Fage yogurt and a jar of baby food (apples & cherries today- yum!)

Lunch:

My lunches the past couple of days have been pretty lazy, mostly because I'm trying to clear out some room in the freezer by finally eating the multiple sets of frozen veggies I stocked up on when they were on sale (i.e., broccoli with cheese, creamed spinach, brussel sprouts, etc.).





Today, I chose broccoli with a light cheese sauce and mixed in a can of tuna and some diced mushrooms. Yellow bell pepper strips on the side. Yes, many random choices. I was in a hurry this morning and all I could think of was "protein, veggies and maybe some more veggies." Tasty! I have no qualms about mixing random crap together for the sake of meeting certain needs (protein, fiber, etc.). I'm sure it weirds some people out, but my palate is pretty easy going (plus, it's hard to go wrong with meat and veggies covered in cheese sauce, am I right?).

Afternoon snack:



Baby carrots, jicama and some string cheese. Apparently I like to color-coordinate my snacks.

I have some ideas for dinner, but nothing set in stone. I pulled out some lean ground turkey from the freezer. I kinda want to just brown it with some onions and toss it in a big mess of pasta and vodka sauce (would probably add some diced zucchini, mushrooms and/or broccoli for extra roughage). We'll see. Not sure what Doug will be in the mood for, but it does seem like it's been a while since we've engaged in some hot pasta action. And I haven't had vodka sauce in years. How sad is that?

No comments: