Saturday, March 13, 2010

Blue Bran.

Made it to the gym this morning for 4 miles of running and interval training. Felt good! Came home and made breakfast:





    Found some oat bran on sale at the store yesterday and decided to give it a shot. I used to love Cream of Wheat growing up, so this is a good option because of the extra protein and fiber. Loved the creaminess! In this mix:
    • 1/3 cup oat bran
    • 1/2 cup blueberries
    • 1/4 cup pineapple tidbits
    • 1 scoop Biggest Loser Vanilla Protein Powder
    • 1 tbsp. chia seeds
    • vanilla extract
    • splenda
    This was really good except for the pineapple. Kinda wished I left it out because it threw off the taste a bit. But still super-filling! I definitely see an oat bran phase coming on.

    And on the side:



    Strawberries. I found some big 'n's . So juicy and sweet! I love that a couple of stores have strawberries on sale right now. We can't get enough of 'em!

    That's all for today. I need to shower and run a couple of errands before we head to Denver later. Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!

    No comments: