Thursday, March 11, 2010

We're gonna need a bigger bowl.

Best. Dinner. Ever. Well, ok... One of the best. I came home on a mission. And that mission (and I chose to accept it) was Operation: Seafood Pasta.

The goods:





Minced garlic and Ivar's seafood seasoning.



Three diced artichoke hearts, one roma tomato and a hefty amount of mushrooms.



Salmon and shrimp (tossed in the seafood seasoning)



Veggies, garlic and fish cooked together with salt, pepper and white wine.

After the wine cooked off, I drizzled on a few drops of some spicy chili pepper olive oil:





Ronzoni Smart Taste Thin Spaghetti (cooking water "infused" with Italian seasoning).



Money shot one.



Money shot two.



Brussel sprouts (in a light butter sauce), sprinkled with crushed red pepper flakes and grated parmesan.



And because beer totally goes with pasta and seafood, a cold bottle of Bud Light Golden Wheat, for good measure. I'm not a huge beer drinker, but the idea of a light wheat beer just sounded good, so I picked some up on the way home. I like it!

So, this meal was amazing. I love it when meals I make up on the fly turn out so damn good. It was one of those meals that reminded me of how awesome food can be and also, how sorry I feel for people who don't like seafood. But if you happen to be one of those poor souls, you could easily use chicken instead, or leave out the protein altogether. Pretty flexible "recipe." So full. I couldn't finish all of the brussel sprouts. Might have room for another beer though ;) We'll see. Time for The Office. Good night!

2 comments:

Other said...

How many calories in the BL Wheat?

Also did you make that spicy oil?

Tamara said...

@Cheryl Ahonen

Even though I think "calorie" is a four-letter word these days, I'll cut you some slack ;) 110 for the beer.

Didn't make the spicy oil. It was originally a bottle my mom brought back from Italy and when the cork broke, I moved it to a plastic squirt bottle.

Pepper-infused oil is pretty easy to find in most stores though. Or you could try making it on your own.