Monday, March 15, 2010

BUH!

The past few days have flown by! Too much busy-ness for my liking. And of course the time change didn't help. Ah well. Just a quick dinner post tonight (with not-so-great shots because I was totally rushing). More goodness รก la Doug (he's been spoiling me lately- I need to get off my ass and cook this week!):



Quick guacamole.



Taco filling. In the mix:
  • diced chicken 
  • onions
  • pineapple tidbits (used some of the extra juice as well)
  • BBQ sauce
  • Teriyaki sauce
  • minced garlic
  • crushed red pepper
  • ginger
All cooked together with a little bit of oil. I helped a little bit and grilled the corn tortillas. The results:





Fusion taco goodness. Sweet, spicy an savory. Loved it! Dished everything out into 4 servings, so I've got lunch ready to go for tomorrow!

Not pictured are the 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon Vanilla Sunflower Butter I sampled after dinner. I ordered this stuff on a great sale over a month ago and due to a backorder, it just arrived today. Luckily it's pretty good (and packed with all sorts of healthiness!), so I guess I won't hold too much of a grudge.

Didn't workout in the morning because I needed an extra day to adjust to the time change. I did however take an early afternoon off and headed to the gym for a mixed routine of running, incline training, step mill and the elliptical. I wish I could have every afternoon off- perfect time to workout!

I'm being such a wuss about this time change that I'm starting to contemplate working out later in the day again. But deep down I know I won't... Having my evenings free is just too worth the early morning insanity. But an occasional change of pace doesn't hurt either!

Tomorrow's shaping up to be busy too, so I probably won't get to pics until dinner again, if that. We'll see. Hope everyone survived Monday!

1 comment:

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

ooh I like the addition of pineapple in this dish. YUM!