Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Normal eating is pretty awesome.

After much debate, D and I decided on Domino's Pizza for dinner. They're having a special on medium pizzas (two mediums, two toppings, 5.99 each) and we've been wanting to try the "new" recipe.

 

I ordered one with spinach & mushrooms. And no, I didn't eat the whole thing! In fact, that's what I'm excited about. I ate 2 slices and stopped. Not by forcing myself, not by debating whether or not I should, etc. I simply did a quick check-in with my stomach and found that it was satisfied. I also reminded myself that the rest pizza wasn't going to magically disappear overnight if I didn't finish it all at once right now. In fact, I could break it up into multiple servings and enjoy it even loooonger! What a concept, eh? (And I can't take all the credit; still reading Eat What You Love and it's been a great resource so far.)

I know it probably doesn't seem like a big deal, but I can't remember the last time I stopped at 2 slices of pizza. Not even joking. My thought process around pizza always went something like this: 1) Cool, have two slices! 2)... Eh, a third slice will be okay. 3)......I'll go ahead and have a fourth slice, but I'll just work out harder tomorrow and restrict my calories the rest of the week [and feel miserable and guilty].

But tonight? It was so much easier to just be satisfied and move on. No thoughts running back and forth in my head, no stress, no compromises, no regret.

Anywho. Just had to share. Between that and my run earlier this morning, I'm just a happy gal right now. A productive and satisfying day. Woo!

Not pictured is a glass of red wine and one of the Buffalo Chicken Kickers that Doug ordered. Eh, basically a spicy chicken nugget. As for the pizza and the new recipe, it was alright. The crust was really good, but I think I got stiffed on the sauce. I don't like tons of sauce on pizza, but this pie seemed to have less than usual. Ah well. I forgot about it once I sprinkled on some crushed red pepper and parmesan.

So that was dinner. And it will be lunch tomorrow. And probably dinner again, heh. I got a bunch of new fitness DVDs today, so I plan to do a follow-up post tomorrow morning (so stoked- I think I got some good ones!)

Gotta go; weigh-in time on Biggest Loser!

3 comments:

Mary :: A Merry Life said...

Normal eating is awesome! It's just harder for some of us sometimes. Good job!

Tamara said...

Thanks! Still taking baby steps, but today felt like a huge leap.

Danielle said...

That is great! We tried the new Dominos too recently. Their small slices aren't too bad either calorie wise. Good job!

I can't wait to try that Turkey Meatloaf you posted!