Saturday, March 6, 2010

More sopapillas, please!

Quick post today...

Went to the gym this morning a little after 7 am and busted out 60 minutes. Forty minutes of running and incline intervals, 10 minutes of the stair-master (or step mill? I dunno- the one that looks like a mini-escalator) and 10 minutes on the elliptical.

Had tons of energy today, seeing as I loaded up on a bunch of carb-heavy snacks all yesterday afternoon/evening. I should've planned a good dinner, but Fridays make me lazy and laziness breeds bad eating habits. On the upside, I eventually got restless and did some deadlifts, squats, lunges, chest & shoulder presses and then turned on the digital music station on Comcast and danced for a while to the classic R&B station. Sometimes I just gotta shake my booty!

After the gym and a shower, I came home and made breakfast:

Coffee with unsweetened vanilla almond breeze and a bowl of fruity oat madness!

 

In the mix:
  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 1 diced apple, warmed with cinnamon
  • 1 small mashed banana
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin
  • 1 scoop Biggest Loser vanilla protein powder
  • 1 tbsp. unsweetened reduced-fat coconut
  • splenda
  • splash of vanilla extract
Sooooo good! MUCH better than the plain ol' cinnamon apple oats I made last week. And because the ratio of mix-ins to oats was a bit off, it was kinda mushy, but the flavors could not be beat. Definitely making this again. And probably tomorrow!

Tonight my mom and her boyfriend are taking me, Doug and my sister out for my pre-birthday dinner (my b-day is on Monday) and we're going to my favorite Mexican restaurant, Estela's. Can't wait. Definitely planning on having a margarita (or two), chips & salsa, a stuffed sopapilla with chicken and green chile and probably more sopapillas with honey, if I haven't exploded by that point.

That said, I'm gonna try to keep my snacks light between now and then. But after that ridiculously filling bowl of oats, I have a feeling I'm gonna be good to go for several hours.

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday!

No comments: