Thursday, March 25, 2010

It burns! It buuurns!

Tonight's dinner brought on the tears and the sniffles. I love my spice!

I wanted to start off with a salad, so I took some fresh spinach, heated it up in the micorwave for just 30 seconds and topped it with some fat-free feta:



But of course that wasn't enough... So, on went some oven-roasted veggies!



I sliced up half of a small onion (hello tears! My eyes are still recovering, over half an hour later...), some small tomatoes and a small zucchini. Sprinkled on some kosher salt, pepper and some garlic powder. I made enough for two servings, so hooray for a second roasted veggie salad for lunch tomorrow! This combo reminded me of how awesome spinach and onions are.

Next came the heat. Yeah, this guy knows what I'm talkin' about:



This stuff makes my nose run and my upper lip sweat, but who said love is delicate?

I took a veggie burger (Morning Star, I believe?), chopped it up, threw it in a pan and added a couple tablespoons of the BBQ sauce. And when using spice these days, I gotta add in some sweetness too, so I threw in some pineapple tidbits for good measure.



Served with some baked semi-curried sweet potato fries on the side. I sliced up the potato and tossed it with:
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • kosher salt
  • pepper
  • dash of cinnamon
  • dash of red curry powder
  • dried parsley flakes
I gotta take a moment to pat my own back here; these were the best sweet potato fries I've ever made. The only *tiny* downside was I think this particular mix of spices kinda clashed with the spices in the BBQ sauce. Oh well. Overall, damn good random meal, thanks to my crazy freestylin' skills. And the potato was big enough to yield 2 servings of fries, so my lunch is going to kick so much ass tomorrow, I can't even talk about it right now.

G'night!

No comments: