Wednesday, March 17, 2010

P-P-P-Protein.

Feeling pretty good this morning, but I also feel a major energy crash coming on. Still slooowly adjusting to the time change, I guess.

I went to the gym this morning for 40 minutes of running and incline training. I did intervals of the two until I hit 3 miles and called it a day. I'm trying to get back to my old incline levels. When I was really kicking ass, I was able to do 3+ mph on a 21% grade. I worked my way to 18% this week (going between 3 and 3.2 mph), so I'm getting closer. That shit's hard when you fall out of practice for a few months!

I came home, drank a little Powerade Zero and then downed some cold coffee with 1/2 cup of vanilla almond milk. After shower and grooming nonsense, I was ready for breakfast:



I toasted a Thomas low-cal multi-grain English muffin and mashed 1.8 oz of avocado on top.

Meanwhile, I cooked 1/2 cup of egg beaters and 2 tbsp. of salsa in a pan and threw them on top of the muffin:



Mmmm, mmmm! I swear, avocado makes everything taste like butta. I'll probably repeat this breakfast tomorrow.

I think my body's been craving more protein since I've been strength training more often, so my goal is to add more protein where I can throughout the day. Plus, more protein and less starch does leave me less bloated and during that monthly lady time, less bloat is much appreciated.

I'm probably gonna skip photos until dinner time. My lunch is leftover tuna casserole from last night (so much for less starch, eh?) and my afternoon snack is the same as yesterday's (cottage cheese & sunflower butter) plus baby carrots. My morning snack is slightly different, but not worth a picture (hard boiled egg and a mix of berry-flavored green superfood, Biggest Loser vanilla protein powder and water). I'm sure you can imagine that all pretty easily ;)

I'm debating on making a special trip to Rancho Liborio after work today. We used to shop there all the time when we lived closer to that part of town, but since we moved further north, it's kind of a pain to get to. BUT, they still have their awesome produce/meat deals  and this week they have super cheap Yukon potatoes, which I've actually been wanting to buy the past couple of weeks ($1.50 for a 5 lb bag? Hello?!)  They also have cheap steak too. And Poblano peppers... And tigers and bears, oh my!

Perhaps tomorrow would be a better day though. I joked about taking tomorrow off so I could run outside before the weather turns crappy again, but I actually did end up requesting the day off because my dad is having shoulder surgery and needs transportation. At first he just needed a ride home, but I guess he needs a ride to the hospital as well. Instead of driving from one end of town to the other x4, I figured I'd stay through the procedure, make sure everything goes well and help him with any errands afterward. ANYWHO, that all said, I might be able to squeeze in an outdoor run after all. Woo hoo!

No comments: