Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Berries, Brawls and Biggest Loser

I just have to say that even though I tend to have the same mix of foods for breakfast everyday, I just do not get sick of some things. I can't imagine ever getting bored with the creaminess of greek yogurt, the sweetness of juicy, plump berries and the crunchiness of toasted oats and grains. This morning I just had to pause in between bites and think about how much I love good food. And when it's healthy for me as well, I can almost hear my body saying, "THANK YOU!"

FOOD:

breakfast:
f.f. greek yogurt w/ blueberries- 2
kashi cereal- 1

snack:
9 almonds- 1
apple- 1
carrot/celery- 0
PB2- 1

lunch:
low carb tortilla- 1
roast beef- 1
r.f. pepperjack- 1
2 c. soup- 4

snack:
protein water- 0
holey donut- 4

dinner:
ronzoni pasta- 3
tofu- 3
broccoli- 0
PB2- 1

total points used: 24/22
activity points: 45 min. HIIT routine- 6
net points: 22
WAPs: 9/35 remaining

Planning on throwing together a tofu dish tonight with some noodles, veggies and maybe a peanut sauce.

EXERCISE:

Pushed it pretty hard at the gym today. Like, when I was driving home, I felt beat the fuck up, as if I was just in a big brawl or something. But strangely enough, I kinda liked the feeling. Even though I was more exhausted than I had been in a while, underneath, I still felt strong. Probably because I knew I had just pushed myself out of my comfort zone and into a more challenging level of fitness.

As for what I did differently, I just took things up a notch in all of my intervals. For example, I ran at 7 mph for the majority of my run, I increased my resistance level on the elliptical, but lowered the incline a bit (which makes it harder because you're working with less range of motion) and I did the rowing machine for 10 minutes (doesn't sound like much, but since I did it last, it almost killed me). I swear, rowing has snuck up on me as probably the hardest interval in my routine right now. Even though you're sitting down, it still jacks your heart rate up.

I wanted to quit rowing after not even 5 minutes, but I dug a little deeper, reminded myself of why I woke up at 4:45 am in the first place and imagined Bob & Jillian from Biggest Loser in the gym with me, yelling at me to keep going. I know that last bit sounds incredibly silly (and maybe a bit psycho), but honestly, I do it all the time. They've become my fitness idols, so whenever I need a push during a workout, I imagine they're right beside me, telling me not to quit. Plus, it's Biggest Loser Tuesday, so I gotta get pumped for the new episode somehow!

Today's routine:
-10 min. warm up run
-15 min. incline training
-10 min. elliptical
-10 min. rowing

I need to remember to bring my lifting gloves next time I row; got a nice little blister on my hand today.

No comments: