Saturday, October 3, 2009

Friday night sweets and Saturday morning sweats.

(***If you're new to the blog, feel free to read my introductory posts and my Not-so-secret-Secret to Weight Loss.)

Enjoyed my Tres Leches cake last night. Man, oh man. It's enjoying things like that that make me glad I plan ahead and wait. Waiting for a planned splurge makes it taste even better, somehow. And makes me feel zero guilt, which I used to have trouble with before, especially with random unplanned binges. These days, I just choose to have a better attitude and not be so hard on myself. Turns out, doing so makes me feel pretty awesome (and the scale results lately have been rad too).

FOOD:

breakfast:
oatmeal- 2
blueberries/protein powder- 1
1/2 banana- 1

lunch:
cucumber/radishes- 0
sesame dressing- 1
boca vegan burger- 1
hummus- 1
r.f. pepperjack- 1

snack:
apple- 1
chips- 2
salsa- 0

dinner:
brown rice- 3
shrimp- 2
aspargus/carrot/onion/teriyaki sauce- 1
olive oil- 1

post-dinner:
cookies- 5

total points used: 23/22
activity points: 60 min. HIIT routine- 7
net points: 22
WAPs: 20/35

EXERCISE:

Although I wasn't terribly guilty about the insane cake/sweet splurge from last night, I still figured it would be in my best interest to try and clear some of that sugar out of my system and headed to the gym. I added rowing into my routine today and it felt good. And high-intensity! I was so excited to be working my arms like that and keeping my heart rate up at the same time. Nice change of pace.

I also played around with an inclined run as well. Nothing extreme, but I'd like to be able to run somewhere between a 6 and 9% grade eventually. The settings I used today were definitely challenging. Felt good to push myself and not die, haha.

Today's routine:
-5 min. warm-up run
-15 min. incline training (18-20% grade, 3mph)
-10 min. run (4% grade, 6mph)
-15 min. rowing
-15 min. elliptical/cool-down

Treated myself to a few minutes in the sauna afterward. I swear, I could sit in that thing for hours, so it's hard to force myself to leave.

Ok. Time to get motivated and start reorganizing my workout room so we can finally get going on putting the weight set together. I'll be so pissed at myself if everything's still in boxes come Monday.

No comments: