Friday, October 9, 2009

Weigh-in Day.

(***If you're new to the blog, feel free to read my introductory posts and my Not-so-secret-Secret to Weight Loss.)

Today's weight: 152.4. A loss of 4.2 pounds! I shit you not, folks. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but the 100-pound goal is back on!




As for what I did, all I can say is that I found a good balance of cardio and weight-training, along with eating a few extra points here and there. Just did my best to keep things balanced and consistent.

I almost have to laugh at this because I look back at this past summer and how long it took me to get out of the 160s. I was starting to think that my body had this pre-determined weight that it would not let me go under. Turns out I just needed to work out smarter and make a few changes to my diet (more fruits & veggies, less carb-y/processed snacks). Ta-da!

FOOD:

breakfast:
f.f. cottage cheese w/ pumpkin- 2
kashi cereal- 1

snack:
apple- 1
strawberries- 0
carrots- 0
PB2- 1

lunch:
smart ones teriyaki chicken- 4
10 almonds- 1.5

snack:
tootsie pop- 1
coffee w/ protein powder- .5

dinner:
wahoo's shrimp burrito- 9
holey donut- 4

post-dinner:
yoplait delight- 2
fries- 10 (?)

total points used: 37/22
activity points: day off
net points: 37
WAPs: 20/35 remaining

I'm expecting a variety pack of chicken sausages from Bilinski Sausages (damn you, Food Network!), so I'm planning on making some of those and knocking out the other spaghetti squash I got.

EXERCISE:

Taking the day off today. GASP!, I know. The majority of my upper body started feeling sore yesterday afternoon, but it was still that "nice" kind of sore at the time. This morning though, it was just plain painful, so I decided that weight lifting was out of the question today. My last day off from working out was September 16th, so I kinda deserve this one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, Tamara. You are doing SO freakin' awesome. I can't get over it. You are obviously doing everything right. And good for you and the 100-pound goal being back on. I am so excited for you.

..but I ain't going to lie, I am also envious. I read all about your exercising and I am so darn envious, and then feel bad for myself because my leg is giving me such troubles, and the more that I use it, the more it hurts, and the less exercising I can do. Weh weh, woes me. I feel like I've taken more days off in the last week than I have in the last few months. FRUSTRATING!! It's because I am back on the ice, but I will not give up hockey. I think I would rather die then not play. I love it so much.

What a fantastic weigh in. Have a fantastic weekend. You're lucky it's not your thanksgiving weekend. I have a few dinners to go to. Yikes.

Tamara said...

Thanks for the support, Tina! And I'm sorry to hear about your leg... That just plain sucks.

Hang in there, though. Just try to get through your dinners the best you can and stay focused on your goal. I have to be honest- if I haven't been exercising self-discipline and consistency in my tracking, food and activity, there's no way in hell I would be seeing losses like I have lately.

Good luck!

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

you are awesome! I hope my weigh-in on Tuesday is that good!!!

Tamara said...

Thanks! Hope it goes well too- good luck!