Saturday, October 17, 2009

Shut up and run.

I got a run in this afternoon afterall. I just couldn't let the day go by without sweating, especially after completely de-railing my diet yesterday. But by going outside and hitting the trail, I suppose I haven't completely de-railed yet, right?

It was one of the worst runs I've ever had, but a bad run is better than no run at all, I suppose.

I was still feeling heavy from all of the extra food in my stomach, so I had to push so much harder. My speed sucked. My heart rate monitor was acting up, so I finally just turned it off and had to estimate how many calories I burned. My shuffle clip kept falling off of my shirt, leaving me distracted. My stomach kept cramping up, which led to more walking breaks. And I was dehydrated.

But.

I pushed through. I pushed through because I have no other choice. I have a new goal that I want to reach and I have to push to reach it. I was tired of hearing all of the compromises and excuses going through my head while we were out running errands earlier. Finally, I realized that although I can move on from a bad night of eating, I can't move on from not moving. Unless I'm seriously injured or ill, I just can't make excuses for not sweating if the time and ability are both available.

And because of that, I feel so much better.

No comments: