Friday, October 2, 2009

Weigh-in Day.

(***If you're new to the blog, feel free to read my introductory posts and my Not-so-secret-Secret to Weight Loss.)

Today's weight: 156.6. A loss of 0.4 pounds. Hey, given that it's that time of the month, I will GLADLY take that! I was certain I would show a gain this week.

COOKIES! Ok, quick review of the Chewy Chocolate Cheek Cookies I got yesterday: First off, they're SMALL. So disappointingly small. Like, no bigger than an Oreo, really. Just a little thicker. And of course, I should have known better, even though the pictures (and the feature on Food Network) made them look 4x bigger.

BUT! Size isn't everything. After being disgusted by the sheer tininess, I hastily took a bite and quickly realized why it was so small. This was, by far, one of the best chewy chocolate cookies I had ever tasted in my entire life, both as a former fat-kid and a fit health-conscious lass. They are RICH! And CHEWY! And DECADENT! Definitely made from high-quality ingredients, no doubt.

So now I know. Will I buy them in the future? Probably not. It was just one of those frivolous things that I wanted to try and now I have and I'm over it. Yes, they taste awesome, but they're still expensive and unnecessary.

And each one is actually 2.5 points, not 2 (110 cal/6g fat/1g fiber). Hooray for them including nutritional info! Moving on...

FOOD:

breakfast:
f.f. greek yogurt w/ blueberries- 2
special k cereal- 1

snack:
9 almonds- 1
apple- 1
carrots/cucumber/radishes- 0
hummus- 1

lunch:
roast beef sandwich w/ cheese- 3
2 c. WW progresso soup- 2

snack:
protein water- 0

dinner:
chicken breast- 3
light butter- 1
sauce- 2
spaghetti squash- 2

post-dinner:
tres leches cake- 18
cookies- 5
popcorn- 1

total points used: 43/22
activity points: 45 min. HIIT routine- 6
net points: 37
WAPs: 20/35 remaining

Not sure what dinner will be. I pulled out some chicken, but then I remembered that I bought a huge bag of shrimp too. I'm thinking something with spaghetti squash. Sweet, delicious spaghetti squash.

EXERCISE:

More intervals at the gym. I was going to impose the no-more-than-500-calories rule again this morning, but then I remembered that I was planning on getting a slice of Tres Leches cake tonight, so I pushed and burned an extra 100. If I had more time, I probably would have shot for 700 or 800. Yes, this cake is so awesome that I'm willing to suffer for it, haha.

Today's routine:
-15 min. warm-up/run
-15 min. stair master
-15 min. elliptical/cool-down

Smelly Guy #1 was using one of the incline trainers again, so I didn't even bother trying to suffer through the smell. Just skipped incline training all together. And I was fine with that since I skipped the stair master yesterday (thanks to Smelly Guy #2). Still got a killer workout on my legs which is all that really matters.

Debating the gym tomorrow. And I know the weight system is going to take a good chunk of the day to set up, so I'll probably just do a Gym Junkies workout with my dumbbells. I don't have space in my workout room to do much else since the equipment boxes are in the way. We'll see. I'm feeling sadistic and kinda want to do the routine with the burpees again. Just about killed me last time, but I kinda loved it.

No comments: