Saturday, October 17, 2009

Progress with Progresso

Starting to feel better, finally. While doing chores the burning, tight sensation in my upper stomach wouldn't go away so now I'm wondering if I aggravated an ulcer. I've had stomach ulcers before, so the pain is pretty familiar by now. Not sure how I get them, but drinking and crap eating usually bring them to my attention. If that's the case, the puking makes sense too. I've never been much of a puker (even with lots of alcohol), but getting ulcers changed that.

Not 100% sure that an ulcer the case, but either way I decided to make some light Progresso soup and added as much cayenne pepper as I could stand and now I feel loads better. I know, contrary to popular belief, cayenne is awesome for treating mild (i.e., non-bleeding) ulcers, as well as stomach pain and heart burn in general.

Doug wants to go to Wal-Mart, so maybe walking around some more will do me some good.

FOOD:

breakfast:
saltines- 1

snack:
apple- 1

lunch:
2 c. soup- 3

snack:
dove bar- 4
beef jerky- 1

dinner:
broccoli slaw w/ 1 tbsp dressing- 1
potato- 2
f.f. shredded cheese- 1
light sour cream- 1
salsa- 0
l.c. wrap- 1
boca crumbles- 1
cheese single- 1
pickles- 0

total points used: 18/22
activity points: 40-ish min. run- 4.5
WAPs: 0/35 remaining

EXERCISE:

Still up in the air. Did some vacuuming and cleaned the bathrooms, but I didn't sweat, so it's not even worth counting at this point.

I sucked it up and went for a run outside on the trail.

No comments: