Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fries, freezing rain and fitness.

(***If you're new to the blog, feel free to read my introductory posts and my Not-so-secret-Secret to Weight Loss.)

We went to a comedy club in Denver last night to see one of my favorite comedians (Jim Norton) and I shared a basket of fries with Doug. Sigh.

The drive home sucked too, thanks to freezing rain, fog and the feeling that I was coming down with a cold.

But, I prevailed this morning. After 5 hours of sleep, I slowly got ready for the gym. I was feeling sluggish since I hadn't worked out at all yesterday and needed to sweat things out. And I did! I feel so much better now. Still worried about getting sick though, especially since our housemate was complaining about a chest cold last night. Ugh.

FOOD:

breakfast:
egg beaters- 2
grilled tomato slices- 0
chicken sausage links- 2

lunch:
vegan burger- 1
1 slice bread- 1
strawberries- 0
2 c. soup- 4
holey donut- 4

snack:
apple- 1
popcorn ball- 1

dinner:
sundried-tomato chicken sausage- 2
spaghetti squash w/ parmesan- 2
diced tomato- 0

post-dinner:
s.f. mousse w/ pumpkin- 2
blueberries- 1

total points used: 23/22
activity points: 60 min. HIIT routine- 8
net points: 22
WAPs: 20/35 remaining

EXERCISE:

Since I hadn't done a HIIT routine since Tuesday, I was worried I would struggle to get through everything today, but I actually had some good bursts of energy, surprisingly.

Today's routine:
-10 min. warm-up/run
-15 min. incline training
-15 min. stair master
-12 min. elliptical
-8 min. rowing

Worked off some of that lingering soreness from yesterday, so I should be ready to weight lift tomorrow.

No comments: