Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sprouts & Sprinkles.

(***If you're new to the blog, feel free to read my introductory posts and my Not-so-secret-Secret to Weight Loss.)

So last night, I played around with brussels sprouts again. I sauteed them in a pan with oil, salt, pepper and dried cranberries. I saw a picture of them online yesterday with the cranberries and it looked good. And it actually was! The sweetness of the cranberries helps balance out some of the bitter aftertaste of the sprouts. Next time though, instead of trying to cook the cranberries with the sprouts in the pan, I'll microwave them separately with a little water first. They ended up kinda crunchy last night, heh.

Also, quick note about Holey Donuts: I've resisted trying these things because I didn't want to be that person who ordered doughnuts over the Internet. HOWEVER, last week they were having a pretty good sale where everything was half-off, so I used that as an excuse to try three of their sampler boxes.

They arrived yesterday. Oh. My. God. Granted, I haven't had a doughnut in like, 2 years, but I still thought they were awesome. The dough itself is a bit dry, which was to be expected since they cut out so much fat, but the toppings and fillings are pretty spot-on. My strategy for keeping them in the house longer is to only thaw out one box at a time and cut each one in half so Doug and I can both try each flavor. Probably won't order them again until they have another decent sale like that, so I gotta at least try and make them last longer than a week, haha.

FOOD:

pre-workout:
coffee w/ protein powder & almond milk- 1

breakfast:
f.f. cottage cheese w/ pumpkin- 2
kashi waffle- 1

snack:
apple- 1
9 almonds- 1
strawberries-0

lunch:
corn tortillas- 1
boca crumbles- 1
f.f. shredded cheese- 1
salsa- 0
yam- 2
holey donut chocolate crumb- 3

snack:
carrot- 0
PB2- 1

dinner:
salmon- 3
green beans w/ teriyaki sauce- 1

post-dinner:
holey donut- 5

total points used: 24/22
activity points: Jillian Michaels Banish/Boost DVD- 5
net points: 22
WAPs: 20/35 remaining

Not at work today, so I don't have any snacks or lunch planned as of yet.

Also, I had a heart attack yesterday while opening a can of tuna. Apparently, I accidentally grabbed like 4 cans of tuna packed in oil when I went shopping last week. Ugh. I panicked because I thought all 12 cans were packed in oil, but luckily it was only 4. Lesson learned! Double-check those babies because the labels are almost identical and stock people don't always put stuff where it should be. Grr.

EXERCISE:

I opted for Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism DVD this morning instead of going to the gym. I like to go back and use this DVD every once in a while to see the change in my level of fitness. It was fun! My form has improved quite a bit and I added hand-weights to all of the punching moves for an extra challenge. Good sweat, good times.

Planning on doing free weights tomorrow at home. I saw an insanely awesome number on the scale this morning (which probably means I jinxed tomorrow's official weigh-in, heh), and the main thing I can attribute it to is weight-lifting. Why didn't I jump on this bandwagon sooner? I could have saved myself a lot of time and stress. Ah well.

No comments: