Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back to the grind.

Pretty lazy Labor Day. Made some teriyaki broccoli, tofu & mushrooms for dinner last night. I adapted it from a Biggest Loser cookbook recipe. Turned out pretty good. I've made it before, but adding the mushrooms gave it a nice touch.

FOOD:

breakfast:
egg beaters- 1
diced onion/mushroom/tomato- 0
light swiss- 1
light english muffin- 1

snack:
soynut mix- 2
celery/cucumber/bell pepper strips- 0
guacamole- 2

lunch:
leftover teriyaki broccoli/tofu/mushrooms- 4
cantaloupe cubes- 1

snack:
popcorn ball- 1

dinner:
chicken breast- 3
mashed cauliflower- 2
cucumber-tomato salad- 0
f.f. poppyseed dressing- 1
coors light- 2
s.f. pudding- 2

post-dinner:
popcorn- 1

total points used: 24/23
activity points: 50 min HIIT- 6
net points: 23
WAPs: -42/35 remaining


EXERCISE:

Did my first day of High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) this morning at the gym. It was only the first day, but yeah, I think I'm a fan. I didn't stay on a single machine for more than 15 minutes, so the time flew by and my heart rate stayed pretty high all the way through, which was good for calorie burn.

This was my routine:
-10 min. treadmill (1 mile run)
-15 min. stairmaster
-10 min. elliptical
-10 min. incline training
-5 min. cool-down walk/stretching

I re-discovered the stairmaster (the one that's like an escalator). It's been months since I last used one and I was surprised how high it kept my heart rate. It kept it even higher than incline training, so definitely a good alternative. And the course I chose had a really good pace that kept me sweating, but also slowed down when I needed to catch my breath.

So that's that. I think I'm gonna stick with those machines for a while and just change the order in which I use them. Once I start to get bored, I might add in some cycling and rowing. We'll see.

Tomorrow I'm planning on doing Jillian Michaels' No More Trouble Zones, to keep up with my strength training. Thursday, I'll probably go to the gym again for HIIT and Friday, I think I'll do the Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism DVD, just because I haven't done it in a while.

No comments: