Friday, September 25, 2009

For real, yo.

Alright, now that all of the goal excitement has died down, back to life. As I mentioned in the goal post, I'm not entering the maintenance phase quite yet, so I'm going to stick to the same points values as I have been. On the days I do heavy cardio, I'll eat more.

FOOD:

pre-workout:
protein powder- 0

breakfast:
egg white- 1
english muffin- 1
1 oz. avocado- 1

snack:
lightfull smoothie- 1

lunch:
broccoli w/ cheese sauce- 3
tuna- 2

snack:
carrot- 0
1/2 banana- 1
PB2- 1

dinner:
green chile, chicken & beans- 6
f.f. shredded cheese- 1
corn tortillas- 1

post-dinner:
peaches/blueberries- 1
kashi waffle- 1
apple- 1
popcorn- 1
prune- 1

total points used: 24/22
activity points: Gym Junkie Beginner workout A- 2
net points: 22
WAPs: 35/35 remaining

EXERCISE:

This morning, I tried out the first workout in a series of Fat-Loss Workouts for Beginners designed by Vic at GymJunkies.com.

Let me say that I don't think I've worked so damn hard in just TWENTY MINUTES. I burned a little over 200 cals in just 20 minutes, and that included my 5 minute warm up. This guy is NOT fucking around. It was mostly the burpees that killed me, but it was definitely the ass-kicking challenge that I've been looking for.

And, duh, 20 minutes? I can do that. The routine itself was probably closer to 15 minutes, but I did an extra round because I lost count and wanted to be sure I did the recommended 4 rounds.

It was great. I did it at home with my new adjustable dumbbells that I bought a while back. Yes, you're supposed to do the deadlifts with a barbell instead, but oh well. I think I still benefited from the move, even with dumbbells. In the meantime, I am keeping my eye out for a weight bench and barbell set though.

I'm going to work through Vic's routines 2-3 times a week and then do other stuff on the days in between (either cardio at the gym or Biggest Loser Boot Camp).

Between that and fine-tuning my diet a bit, I'm confident that I could get rid of a few more vanity pounds, as well as tone up. I'm excited to try it again in a couple of days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. I haven't had a chance to say anything yet (work is busy, and I've already been talked to about my time spent online). I'll go and comment on that post too. because YAY YOU! I would do a cartwheel in your honour, if I could do a cartwheel.

I am looking forward to having a look at the gymjunkies site this weekend. I appreciate all the links that you share. I love learning more about fitness & nutrition. I am a little (okay, alot) obsessive about it. Toning up is a good thing. Seeing as you were almost as heavy as me, how are you finding your belly flab/skin? For mine, it looks comparible to some friends who have had kids, but I haven't had a kid.

Are you in a house or apartment? How much equipment do you have at home?

Tamara said...

I don't have a ton of belly flab, but I have a small amount above my belly button :/ Though, I haven't completely toned my stomach yet, so maybe there's still a chance? Haha.

Same for my boobs too. I lost a cup size and noticed a little extra skin on the top halves. But again, I haven't been working my chest muscles much, so I'm hoping after doing a lot of the Gym Junkies stuff, maybe it won't be as noticeable...

Who knows. Overall, I can't complain. I have a lot less loose skin than I thought I would. And since I was expecting to have some after goal, I'm not too worried about it.

And we live in a house. I have a small "gym room" where I have space to do DVDs. I've got a stationary bike, the adjustable dumbbells (40 lb. set), some smaller hand weights, a resistance band and a yoga mat.

If I could get an incline trainer and a weight bench/barbell set, I could cancel my gym membership!