Monday, September 28, 2009

Presents for me.

So, I didn't really reward myself for hitting goal last week because I'm frugal (and broke) most of the time.

But after mulling over some ideas over the weekend, I decided to bite the bullet, bust out the damn credit card (shh!) and do a round of purchases for myself. I of course made sure it was all stuff that a) I've been looking at purchasing for at least 3 months or more (give or take), b) I could afford and pay off eventually (duh), c) would benefit from and d) made me feel special (yes, material goods should not be the source of such a feeling, but hey, guess what? sometimes they are).

That said, I will start with the most frivolous purchase of all, Chewy Chocolate Cheek Cookies. Yes, I totally ordered overpriced cookies over the Internet. BUT- I've been looking at them ever since I saw how they were made on Road Tasted With the Neely's on Food Network, which was quite some time ago. I've been to the website sooo many times since then, but told myself no, because I didn't need them and I didn't need to spend the money.

Well, I changed my mind. I mean, look at them:



Another major selling point: They're listed as being only 2 points a piece. The bakery itself is owned by a couple of health-conscious gals, so the cookies are actually pretty healthy (for a cookie, anyway). I just figured "what the hell?" and a few clicks later, finally gave in. Pretty sure being on my period didn't help, haha.

Next, I ordered some PB2 and Biggest Loser Protein Powder, both in bulk. I didn't feel so bad about spending money on these because they're both things that I consume on a regular basis (though I went through Netrition for the PB2 and eBay for the protein powder to save a little extra money).

Then, it was over to Amazon for some new resistance bands. I've been meaning to get these so I can finally use my door anchor strap. My current resistance cord doesn't work with it, so I've yet to actually get any use out of it. So, again, another planned purchase.

And last but not least, I busted out the Sears card and ordered me a new Weider 110 Weight Set:



and a bench with accompanying rack:



Luckily I was able to do ship-to-store on both of them (freight charges on those types of things are terrifying), so I can pick them up anytime today or later in the week! And yes, I tried looking at Craigslist and Freecycle, but no dice. That, or people were charging way too much for used equipment that was definitely past its prime.

Also got some lifting gloves. I noticed I needed those a.s.a.p. after doing some of the Gym Junkie routines with my dumbbells.

Yes, it was a lot of money to spend at once, but I managed to justify each purchase pretty well, for the most part. Aside from the cookies, everything else is going to help me increase and maintain my level of health and fitness. And that's not so wrong, is it? I know I'll probably have a change of heart next month when the bill arrives, but for now, I'm pretty pleased (and excited!). I can't wait to try the new weight set. Who would've thought that I'd come to appreciate the beauty in such equipment?

3 comments:

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

yum! those cookies are only 2pts? not bad!

Tamara said...

Apparently! I'll of course be able to confirm after the package arrives with nutritional info (assuming it's included).

Danielle said...

So many fun treats!