Sunday, September 27, 2009

(***If you're new to the blog, feel free to read my introductory posts.)

FOOD:

breakfast:
egg whites- 1
1 oz. avocado- 1
light english muffin- 1

snack:
boca vegan burger- 1
green beans- 1

lunch:
healthy choice pizza- 7

dinner:
pork chop- 3
corn tortillas- 1
bbq sauce- 1
zucchini w/ olive oil- 1
salsa- 0
baked potato- 2

post-dinner:
PB2 sandwich- 2
kashi waffle- 1
apple- 1

total points used: 24/22
activity points: running (3.5), Gym Junkies Workout B (1.5)- 5
net points: 22
WAPs: 35/35 remaining

Still not sure what to make for dinner tonight. Pay day needs to hurry up and get here already!

EXERCISE:

I decided to go for a short run outside before doing the Gym Junkie workout. Plus, it was actually warm this morning, so I decided to take advantage of the weather and hit the trail.

The Gym Junkie workout B for today consisted of squats and push presses, both done with my dumbbells (sorry, the link to the workout itself still isn't working for some reason, but you can still go to the main site and browse through the tutorials and other workout routines). I think each dumbbell weighs 13-15 pounds. I only say that because I don't know how much the handle itself weighs without the extra 10 pounds I added. I'm pretty sure it's just 3 pounds. I did 20 reps of squats and 10 reps of the push presses, 5 sets total. It was pretty damn tough, but I think my butt and arms are going to look amazing fairly soon!

Anywho, it ended up being yet another session where I burned way more calories than I thought I would in such a short amount of time! My heart rate was up from running, but while I was lifting, I was able to keep it steady or even increase it to a pretty impressive level.

As for time, I think my run was about 25-30 minutes and the Gym Junkie workout was about 10-15, with breaks between sets.

No comments: