Friday, September 11, 2009

Weigh-in Day.

Today's weight: 158.8. A loss of 4.2 pounds! Happy to see this, obviously. Though, it's hard to say how much of that was lost period bloat from the week before and how much was lost by eating more healthy fats (or, eating more in general, thanks to Saturday's party) AND starting my HIIT workout routine. Lots of different factors to consider, so I can't say for sure what, specifically, led to such a big loss. Ah well. I don't want to over-think it too much because it takes from the thrill of being in the 150s!

Yesterday, I decided against getting my free 11-point noodle bowl from Pei Wei and opted for cooking dinner at home (I e-mailed them last night for nutritional info since it's a new item and wasn't on their website; got a response this morning and it turns out I can get it prepared with vegetable stock instead of oil and save a couple of points). I just figured the bowl would probably have loads of sodium (and it does), which isn't the best choice the night before a weigh-in. However, I really don't feel like cooking tonight, so I think a big, free bowl of noodles will be appropriate for a Friday night.

I also made some Hungry Girl Pumpkin Bread. God, I love that stuff. I froze half of the loaf in hopes that I won't eat it all in one weekend, but we'll see how long I last, haha. It's such a great recipe because the slices are a generous size and make me feel like I truly am indulging. Plus, being damn tasty and only 2 points per slice doesn't hurt either. I had to go to 3 different stores to find the canned pumpkin though. Wal-mart and Safeway were out, so I finally went to King Soopers as a last resort and luckily they had some cans of the store-brand stuff. I remember reading in Hungry Girl that Libby (the main canned pumpkin company) had some crop issues this year, so they've been out of stock for a while.

On a different note, I also went shopping at Plato's Closet and picked up four tops and a pair of jeans for $23. I'm a total broke-ass these days, so it was exciting to snag a few new things on the cheap. I've been wearing the same 4 or 5 shirts for a few months now (all of my old clothes are too big, obviously) and it was driving me nuts. It's so weird (and awesome) to be able to shop off of a clearance rack for smaller sizes. Most tops I can just hold up to me and tell that they'll fit. All the tops I got were size medium. The jeans were size 8, but also kinda stretchy, so I consider them a generous size 8. Being a size 8 was my goal, but I don't consider myself a size 8 right now because most brands I've tried don't quite fit yet. I more of a 9, I guess. Anywho, definitely going back there to shop after I get paid again at the end of the month.

FOOD:

breakfast:
f.f. greek yogurt w/ blueberries- 2
pumpkin bread- 2

snack:
pear- 1
carrot sticks- 0
PB2- 1

lunch:
sandwich thin- 1
ham slices- 1
r.f. colby jack -1
2 cups progresso WW soup- 2

snack:
special K protein water- 0
popcorn ball- 1
pumpkin bread- 3

dinner:
pei wei japanese chile beef ramen- 11
fortune cookie- 1

post-dinner:
popcorn- 3
s.f. pudding- 1
pumpkin bread- 3
ice cream- 5
kashi bar- 2

total points used: 41/22
activity points: Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism DVD- 4
net points: 37
WAPs: 20/35 remaining

EXERCISE:

Did a Jillian Michaels DVD this morning. God, I still hate those jumping scissor kicks she makes you do. I hadn't done that DVD in a while, so I forgot how rough some of those moves were. Oh well. They got my heart pumping, so I won't complain.

As for tomorrow, I'm not sure what I'm doing for exercise. I think the weather's gonna be crappy, so I may have to opt for the gym if I want to run. We'll see. I wouldn't mind going to the gym; weekends are always a nice time to go. And if I do go, I'll probably spend some extra time on the weight machines too.


Ok, I think I've rambled enough. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Woah that is awesome! I hope I can have a big loss this week. I have been feeling defeated lately. :\

Tamara said...

Hang in there! The past few months left me really defeated, but I'm glad I stuck it out.